2024 public holidays AustraliaFind what the public holidays are in your state or territory by selecting from the list below.
Choose Your State
|No holidays found for selected state.
2024 Public Holidays in Australia
Keeping track of public holidays is crucial for planning your year, especially if you're a contractor. The 2024 Public Holidays calendar for Australia helps you understand and plan for days off, ensuring your schedules and finances are well-prepared in advance.
List of National Public Holidays
Australia celebrates a variety of national public holidays throughout the year. These holidays can affect your work schedule and contracting commitments. Here's a comprehensive list of the nationwide public holidays you can expect in 2024:
- New Year's Day: January 1, 2024
- Australia Day: January 26, 2024
- Good Friday: March 29, 2024
- Easter Saturday: March 31, 2024
- Easter Sunday: April 1, 2024
- ANZAC Day: April 25, 2024
- King's Birthday: June 10, 2024(Note: observed on different dates in some states)
- Christmas Day: December 25, 2024
- Boxing Day: December 26, 2024
State-Specific Public Holidays
In addition to national public holidays, each state and territory in Australia observes its own set of holidays. Make sure to check the specific dates for the region you're contracting in to stay informed and plan accordingly.
Impact on Contracting
Understanding public holidays is essential for contractors in Australia as they can affect billing cycles, work availability, and income. Planning ahead for these days can help ensure a smooth contracting experience throughout the year.
Making the Most Out of Public Holidays
Public holidays are an excellent opportunity for rest or extra work. Depending on your contracts, you may choose to negotiate rates for working on these days or ensure you have them free for personal time. Knowing these dates well in advance helps with effective negotiation and planning.
Key Points to Note:
- Check the specific public holidays in your state or territory as they can vary from the national schedule.
- Remember that working on public holidays can often result in higher pay rates, depending on your contract terms.
- Use public holidays to plan your year effectively, considering both work commitments and personal time.